Ended, Maldives is an expensive travel destination for a vacation, from airfare until you land in this luxurious resorts. But if know some pointers before you go to the said country otherwise you may spend more than you expected.
– Some of the resorts offer low prices when you book earlier. For the budget resorts and average resorts, it would cost $200 – $859 per night all exclusive. Luxurious resorts are somehow expensive for you are not just paying the rooms and facilities, but the service itself most of the 5 stars resorts do have a personal butler service. Costing you more than a thousand dollars per night. High season is generally from December to April so don’t be surprised if the cost will be in double, it is so normal for there will be a lot of tourists flying starting this period. May to November is basically a low season, so if you plan to go with a tight budget this will be the best months to grab on for best deal and packages are waiting for you. If you book from 30-60 days prior to your arrival, some of the resorts give up to 25% discount.
– Cheapest transportation in Maldives, but it is not available to any resort. Public transportation or “DHONI” (the term they use for the ferry) is destined to go only in a Local Island. There are a series of ferries From Male City to the nearby island. The ferry fare is roughly $1-$5 depending on how far island is.
– a bit high price compared to the ferry, it will take only a few hours or minutes depending on the distance of your destination island. But you need to book from the resort or hotel from where you book your room reservation. Price range around $25 – $160 USD per person per way, you can save if you are in a group because most of the resort offers a charter transfer, where the price is not calculated per person. You can take the speedboat from airport terminal or in the Male City.
– heads up! if you have a night arrival in the airport, I would suggest for you to stay over night in Male or in hulhumale guest houses for the transfer will be much costly if you proceed to your respective resort for you will be paying the entire seats of the transfer and not all resort offers late night transfer.
– This mode of transfer will be costly than other, flying from the airport to the island will cost around $200 or more per way. But the nicest thing when you ride a plane is you will see the gorgeous exotic islands in the Maldives. The sparkling crystal clear water in the Indian Ocean, tempting you and make your heart beat fast due to the excitement. Alcohol is pretty expensive – You can’t get alcoholic drinks in any store in Male, this kind of drinks is prohibited in this country. But if you are an alcoholic lover, you can buy in the resort and some of the hotels and expect the price is double or triple than in your place.
Carrying lots of USD
– Exchanging your Dollar is not necessary, US dollar is widely accepted in the Maldives. Even though, Maldives has a lot of ATM carrying a lot of money is not that high in risk. Maldives is a safe place, less crime record. But don’t be so confident, still, there are a few reports of rubbery which normally occurs in a non-populated area.